Current information on museum operations
We have translated this information page into your language as a service. Please note that the original German language version may contain more current information. The content of this website is as of 31.05.2021
Technik Museum Sinsheim
The Technik Museum Sinsheim is open!
We look forward to your visit to the museum and, thanks to our extensive corona protective measures, can offer you a pleasant and safe stay. Due to legal regulations, it is essential to register your visit in advance:
Our protective measures include:
- Placement of behavioral instructions in several places within the museum halls and the outdoor area.
- Presence of appropriately trained supervisory staff.
- Increased cleaning intervals, regular disinfection of door handles, handrails, etc.
- Hygiene stations are available in the entrance area.
- Attachment of various distance markings.
- Intelligent route guidance through the museum to avoid crowds.
- If necessary, face masks can be purchased at the cash register or in the shop.
- Possibility of cashless (also contactless) payment at the museum cash desk.
Limitations & rules of conduct:
- Please note the information on the information boards and follow the instructions of our supervisory staff.
- Please keep to the legally required minimum distance of 1.5 m.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask (medical mask or FFP2) in all interior rooms of the museum.
- Depending on the situation, parts of the museum may not be accessible at short notice.
- There may be longer waiting times when accessing the Concorde and Tupolev Tu-144 aircraft.
- Unfortunately, guided tours are currently not possible.
The museum restaurant is open for you daily from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. In addition to breakfast, regional and international dishes and lunch dishes that change daily, we also offer you a selection of cakes and coffee specialties. We would be happy to welcome you indoors and in the large beer garden. We also offer a take-away menu.
If you would like to take a seat in the restaurant or in our outdoor area, we need one of the following three proofs from everyone aged 6 and over:
- Proof of a negative Covid-19 test (maximum 24 hours old), no self-test.
- Proof of a Covid-19 vaccination (14 days after the last vaccination)
- Proof of a Covid-19 recovery, not older than six months
Our protective measures:
-see above, in addition: For the purposes of legally required contact tracking
, we collect and process (with the consent of the guest) the following data: name of the guest, date / time of the visit, contact details. These data are deleted four weeks after they have been collected.
Restrictions & rules of conduct:
Proof of Covid-19 harmlessness
No proof is required to visit the Technik Museum Sinsheim. However, if you want to visit the IMAX 3D cinema or take a seat in the restaurant, we require one of the following three certificates from everyone aged 6 and over.
Proof of a negative Covid-19 test (maximum 24 hours old), no self-test.
In order for us to be able to grant you access to the restaurant or beer garden, we require a negative Covid-19 test from every guest aged 6 and over Hours old. You can have this Covid-19 test carried out at a test station of your choice (e.g. in your home town) or you can also use our Corona test center directly on the museum grounds, which carries out free tests - for more information, see below. Please note that a self-performed rapid test may not be recognized.
Proof of a Covid-19 vaccination (14 days after the last vaccination)
Vaccinated persons must present proof of complete vaccination protection - for example the yellow vaccination certificate. Depending on the vaccine, one or two vaccinations are required for complete protection. At least 14 days must have passed since the last required single vaccination.
Proof of a Covid-19 recovery, not older than six months
Visitors who have recovered need proof of a positive PCR test (or another nucleic acid test) that was at least 28 days and a maximum of six months ago.
Free Covid-19 test center in the museum
(daily from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m)
A Covid-19 rapid test center is available directly on the museum grounds. In adults, a smear is taken in the front nasal area (usually painless), children can alternatively do the so-called "Lollitest" (smear under the tongue). If you would like to use this test center, we ask you (in addition to registering visits) to book an appointment in this test center for each individual person aged 6 and over.
Please note that the Covid-19 test center is offered by an external service provider. In the event of any questions or changes to appointments, please contact the test center team directly.