The Indian “Ace“ was the first 4-cylinder-model sold by Indian. The bike had been developed by the Henderson brothers for their “Ace“-motorbike factory which was bought by Indian in 1927. At first no changes were made on the original design. The only novelty was the Indian signature on the fuel tank. The engine has a displacement of 1,265 ccm and generates approx. 30 hp. The maximum speed is around 130 km/h.
The bike on exhibit at the Technik Museum Sinsheim is one of the very first 4-cylinder-motorbikes sold under the name of Indian and correspondingly valuable.