MAN submarine engine
This MAN marine diesel was built in 1917 by MAN Augsburg (Germany) - ordered by the Austrian Navy for their shipyard in Trieste. The engine was one of two engines of the Austrian submarine No. 18. In 1918 the submarine got scrapped - the engine came to Bolivia serving as a power plant for a silver mine. After various detours the engine came to Peschiera (Lake Garda, Italy) and was acquired by a collector. On an adventurous way through the Brenner Pass the engine was transported to the Technik Museum Sinsheim.