BOSCH and the Automobile
In spring of 1897 Robert Bosch installed a magneto ignition in a vehicle for the first time - this was the beginning of the success of the automobile supplier Bosch, which is unfolding in a permanent exhibition at the Technik Museum Sinsheim. From far away already the exhibition is visible by the sign of a "Red Devil" which has been symbolizing the reliability of BOSCH automobile equipment as a promotion symbol since 1910. The exhibtion is illustrating the road from the first magneto ignition devices up to the state-of-the-art automobile electronics by BOSCH which can now be found under the bonnets of nearly all new cars.
It tells the story of the Bosch-ignition, the injection systems for gas- and diesel-engines, the development from the Blaupunkt-car radio to navigational ads und many more interesting facts. The exhibition is supplemented by rare "contemporary witnesses" : One of the first high-voltage magneto ignition device of 1902 that went into series production is on exhibit as well as a headlamp of 1913, one of the first diesel injection pumps of 1931, and a Blaupunkt auto radio of 1938. In addition to that historic promotional films are providing an entertaining insight into the 1950s and 1960s, when the popular slogan was "Equipped with BOSCH - safe journey !"